SUMMER TIME CHALLENGE!
by Leslie Knope
Well there’s no denying it, everyone – summer time in Pawnee is one of the greatest things on Earth. I’ve lobbied the United Nations numerous times to designate it the 8th Wonder of the World. So far, to no success. But I promise you all, I will not give up!
I can’t believe summer is halfway over. I’ve been so busy that I’ve only done like 30 of the 200 things on my Leslie Knope Summer Time Check List. #1: Make a summer time check list? Check. #9: Repaint all the handball courts at Ramsett Park? Check. #13: Picnic at that little corner of Circle Park where flowers still grow? Check!
But there’s still more to do! Like #136: Hike to the top of Flemshig’s Peak and refill the hummingbird feeder. And of course #200: Say good-bye to summer and hello to fall (the 9th Wonder of the World).
So with only a little over a month left in summer and a long list still to finish… I need your help, Pawnee! Stop by City Hall and let me know which item you’ve done, and you will win the best prize of all – the satisfaction of crossing it off the list!!
I thank you. Pawnee thanks you. And your heart thanks you. SUMMER TIME!!!
CITY MANAGER’S NOTES
by Chris Traeger
Greetings and salutations! I want you all to know that I’ve heard your requests loud and clear, and the answer is a resounding YES. I WILL give you all the recipe for my healthy and delicious Traeger Summer Salad-tacular. Here’s what you’ll need:
– 8 cups of arugula – it’s what makes it so bright and peppery!
– 3 cups of the juiciest red grapes you can find, halved (I dare you not to eat them all as you chop away!)
– 1 sensational teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme
– 4 tablespoons of toasted sunflower seed kernels!!
– 1 teaspoon honey – nature’s sugar!
– 3 tablespoons of the most spectacular red wine vinegar
– 1 teaspoon of farm fresh (the only kind of fresh, in my book) stone-ground mustard
And the secret weapon… 1 teaspoon of the most amazing maple syrup you’ve ever had in your life!! Salt and pepper to taste, and then eat it up. Your taste buds won’t know what hit them! Happy and healthy eating, everyone!
P.S. Does anyone know a good place to go kite flying? Asking for myself!